I did a regular hotsync first.
- I copied the contents of the memo from the Palm Desktop into a temp Notepad document. I deleted all the trailing spaces at the end of the memo in Notepad.
- I deleted the memo from the Palm Desktop.
- I performed a hotsync, Hotsync settings: Memos - Desktop overwrites handheld. This removed the corrupted memo from the palm. In the hotsync settings I only enabled Memos, in order to save time.
- Then, I copied the contents of the memo from my temp Notepad document, pasted into a new Memo in the Palm Desktop. Another hotsync, (set to Synchronize, or Desktop overwrites handheld), and the memo is back on the Palm. Now I can access the Memo and the Palm doesn't reboot.
- Don't forget to return your sync settings to synchronize Palm and desktop, and to re-enable all the apps that you want synced.
This is by far the easiest way to recover from the problem where your Palm restarts whenever you access a memo.